Friday 25 April 2008

Goodbye to the east, Hello Europe and a hole in my pocket

When we last joined our hero, he was getting ready to leave the east once and for all, and about to welcome in a more european city break...

So, my time in the east is at an end. Just not in the way I'd originally planned...If you look at my prolouge I was not even thinking about coming to europe. In fact I was going to avoid it on purpose, been to it, seen it, need something new and dangerous...
India is the real location that should keep on giving. It's so cheap it makes it the perfect beach resort and its so bohemian it's great for the budding hippy in all of us. There's also so much to see, the country will always give you something new and exciting. But I guess I'm tired of what the east has for backpackers. This is my first time! I want to do some more stuff in the time I have left and europe just seemed to offer it. The buildings, the nightlife, the art, the culture. And so me and Sam set off to Prague, where I am now. And so far its been one of the highlights of the entire trip.
We set off on the 30 hour mega airport fest late on the 23rd and arrived early on the 25th. I can keep a straight face completleÿ when I say it was completley hassle free and even enjoyable. I can't see why anyone gets stressed at airports, I just have a good time at them. Especailly heathrow. Being back in England was wonderful, there were chesseburgers and xbox magazines and cups of tea and recognisabel signs and pavement that matched the sky...sniff! it was all I could do to go home right then! but no I came to Prague. And even the taxi ride was really nice. we couldn't find our beds in the dorm at first, but we muddled through and are now real hostel people.
And Prague is just so beautiful. The museums and the buildings and the bridges are all so...european! two and a half months of asia and its so good to be somewhere with a different style. Its got a mix of gothic and baroque...stuff I don§t really understand but like I said its very european. It feels warm and inviting, but a challenge at the same time.
I love this city. Tommorow I try the famous nightlife, the best in europe we've heard. Tonight I catch up on sleep, and try to avoid spending! I'm eager to come back with a bit of money, and the aforemetioned hole in my pocket is the fact you can no longer get rooms for 75p and meals for 1:50!
on a more final note, I can now see and end in sight to my travels. Mid India I was looking forward to getting back to my beloved Britian. And since the end of varkala more and more I want to keep travelling...sigh, such is life! I suppose I´ll be back within the next 2 weeks, maybe a bit more. me and sam are trying to reach the 3 month mark (7th May), but we should see you all just after then! (those that are in norfolk, anyway)
In superhero news, It is essential I try and see Iron Man when its released, one of the cinemas seems to be having a launch party. repulsor rays on!

PS
you have no idea how hard it is typing on a chzech keyboard. Joe woul dhave smashed the damn thing by now!

No comments: