Sunday 24 February 2008

New leader, beauty treatment and becoming an action hero!

When we last joined our hero, he was in Ho Chi Minh City taking in the sights and sounds of Vietnam...

I feel like an action hero. We went to the Cu Chi tunnels, a set of underground tunnels which the Vietnamese used to navigate around in the war. But I think it's really an action hero training ground! for me! I am now master of many skills! firstly, I am master of the earth! one minute you'll see me, the next...




























































Flash! I am gone beneath the earth! It reminded me a lot of Robin Hood. Once underground, me
and Sam and a couple of other brave souls traversed through dark and perilous tunnels!






















There were pools of water, secret openings, and even the occasional dead frog. I am now also master of traps, as I observed many vicious ones around the area:















I am also eater of great and scary beasts! like crocodile. I seem to have lost the photo, but we had to barbecue it ourself. Sam had Kangaroo. Believe me there were a lot stranger things on the menu, eg Scorpion, Turtle and even Goat's penis!

And without further ado, I am also master of weapons. Most people who know me will know that I love action movies, comics and video games. People that play the latter will know that an M60 is a belt fed ballistic behemoth, made famous by the Vietnam war, it has high power, a high rate of fire and massive recoil. Used by Rambo, The Punisher and Arnie in 'commando', I present a new hero to use the lead breathing dragon: Me.



The AK47 is the most popular gun in the world, with hundreds of variations its cheap to build and use. It's effective too, and put too great use here by Sam:



Finally, the Colt.45, used by both of us. The basic design of this gun hasn't changed in over 100 years, its .45 caliber bullets produce quite a kick, and a nasty hole in whoever's on the wrong end of one:







Surprisingly, it didn't cost much, for all of that, each of us must have spent about 12-15 quid.

We're also no strangers to even larger firepower (even if it was blown up 40 years ago):



















Plus, I tried some 'Snake Wine' which is like a relly nice whiskey, but made from snake venom, The bottles have real (albeit, dead) snakes and scorpions in them. So, there we go. I am an action hero. I look forward to killing you soon!

We met our new tour leader, Lam, who is really great and fun loving. He's also started calling me James Bond now and again...bizzare. Still, must be because I'm an action hero.

We travelled on the Night Train (bottoms up) to get to another Beach resort, Nha Trang which is breathtaking, more amazing than the last beach, I'm spending a day soaking in some rays tomorrow so I'll take plenty of pictures then.

Today I had fun at a Spa (What!? action heroes need to look pretty too) I got Massaged, Mud Bathed, Sun Baked and generally prettified. So, My journey up the coast of Vietnam has begun, and I have now been traveling for over two weeks! I hope I continue to make you all really jealous.

Go on. Watch the gun videos again. I know you want too.



2 comments:

The Revd Foodie said...

Words don't often fail me but stunned to silence by the range of things you are doing...excuse me - roast crocodile AND kangaroo????? With or without tom sauce? Your visit to the battlefield seems surreal- I remember footage of the war when I was young!!
Keep enjoying and keep well!!!
The Revd. Foodie

Anonymous said...

Good to see you are doing your super-hero training.
remember, you dont need superheroes, neither did batman.
Amy