Wednesday 14 May 2008

Epilogue

When we last joined our hero, he was enjoying Berlin getting ready to leave Germany for home, and finish his Langan Adventure once and for all!

Well, it's all over, I guess. I'm back in england now, and everything's a little like a weird dream, A place I sort of remember...and love! It's really good to be back home, I've been dieing to get back for a bit. I've been home about 4 days now.
Looking back at the whole trip...It really was the best thing I've ever done. I couldn't recommend it more, the whole experience of saving, planning and then going (and also coming back!) is such an experience, you really can't get it anywhere else. repeat. you can't get it anywhere else!
I didn't go for as long as some people, I didn't come back especially changed. So it's not like I'm enlightened or anything. But its just so worthwhile living a life where you jump from exciting amazing place at will, money in your pocket doing what you want, where you want. I mean, it really is the whole world at your feet and if you have enough of the green, you can do whatever, whenever. And that's an exciting concept. If you have the sand you can stick with it and save and get out there. I definitely have the bug now, there are so many places I want to go, south america, the middle east, the united states, europe...
I guess I really feel traveling is more of a way of life than anything else...once you get settled into something like that it just IS a way of life! You meet so many great people, do so many great things...I mean, it's not all good. Mostly it's mixed, you know, loving some things and hating others, just like the people you meet!
So now I'm settling down, doing bits and pieces, unpacking, seeing friends. Getting ready for uni, that's the next big thing. and learning how to drive! I hope I see anyone reading this soon, I've missed a lot of people.
Anyhoo, Its been great, and these blogs have been a real statue in my travels, a place I can record thoughts and feelings. So I hope you've enjoyed reading them, and I hope people who've been reading them maybe have thought about going traveling themselves, lifes too short NOT to do something like this.
So thankyou all for joining me on my Langan Adventure, it's been real.

Laurence Langan

14th May 08

No comments: